The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic -- a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++British LibraryT090422Edited by J. Whiting.London : printed and sold by James Phillips, 1795. ,xv,,128p. ; 12° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History A-journal-of-the-life-of-that-ancient-servant-of-Christ-John-Gratton-giving-an-account-of-his-exercises-when-young~~John-Gratton Gale ECCO, Print Editions
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Frais d'envoiLivraison non-comprise
2010, ISBN: 1171126034, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Frais d'envoiVersandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 152 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=8mm, Gew.=281gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Frais d'envoiVersandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A Journal of the Life of That Ancient Servant of Christ John Gratton, Giving an Account of His Exercises When Young, ...
Informations détaillées sur le livre - A Journal of the Life of That Ancient Servant of Christ John Gratton, Giving an Account of His Exercises When Young, ...
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781171126034
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1171126034
Livre de poche
Date de parution: 2010
Editeur: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Poids: 0,281 kg
Livre dans la base de données depuis 14.06.2012 13:50:25
Livre trouvé récemment le 09.10.2014 06:16:32
ISBN - Autres types d'écriture:
< pour archiver...
- "Reasonable Religion: Or, the Truths of the Christian Religion Demonstrated. with Incontestable Proofs, ... Together with the Religion of th", de "Mather, Cotton" (9781171126027)
- "The Constitutions of the Antient and Honourable Fraternity of Free and Accepted Masons. Containing Their History, Charges, Regulations, for the Use of", de "Anderson, James" (9781171126041)
- "An Abstract of the Historical Part of the Old Testament, ...", de "Harley, Edward" (9781171126010)
- "The Analogy of Religion, Natural and Revealed, to the Constitution and Course of Nature. to Which Are Added Two Brief Dissertations: By Joseph Butler,", de "Butler, Joseph" (9781171126058)
- "The Christian Parent: Or, Short and Plain Discourses Concerning God, and the Works and Word of God, ... Intended Originally for Some Young P", de "Serle, Ambrose" (9781171126003)
- "The Death-Bed Repentance Fully Consider'd: Proving That No Mere Death-Bed Repentance Can Be Effectual to the Salvation ... by Edward Nicholson, ...", de "Nicholson, Edward" (9781171126065)