- 9781419193453 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Payson…
- 9781407635682 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Pason)
- 9781406839937 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Payson…
- 9781434429940 What Can She Do?
- 9781437848106 What Can She Do? (Roe, Pason Edward)
- 9785551402534 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward P.)
- 9783655059180 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Payson…
- 9781499547122 What Can She Do?
- 9781438590639 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Pason)
- 9781290437400 What Can She Do (Edward Payson Roe)
- 9781278794914 What Can She Do?... (Edward Payson R…
- 9781153732697 What Can She Do? (Edward Payson Roe)
- 9781151269850 What Can She Do (Edward Payson Roe)
- 9781148104942 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Payson…
- 9781278600147 What Can She Do?... (Edward Payson R…
- 9781162716527 What Can She Do? (E. P. Roe)
- 9781177095501 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Payson…
- 9781177095235 What Can She Do (Roe, Edward Payson)
- 9781169322813 What Can She Do? (Roe, Edward Payson…
- What Can She Do? (E. P. Roe)
It was a very cold blustering day in early January, and even brilliant thronged Broadway felt the influence of winter's harshest frown. There had been a heavy fall of snow which, though in the main cleared from the sidewalks, lay in the streets comparatively unsullied and unpacked. Fitful gusts of the passing gale caught it up and whirled it in every direction. From roof, ledges, and window-sills, miniature avalanches suddenly descended on the startled pedestrians, and the air was here and there loaded with falling flakes from wild hurrying masses of clouds, the rear-guard of the storm that the biting northwest wind was driving seaward.It was early in the afternoon, and the great thoroughfare was almost deserted. Few indeed would be abroad for pleasure in such weather, and the great tide of humanity that must flow up and down this channel every working day of the year under all skies had not yet turned northward.But surely this graceful figure coming up the street with quick, elastic steps has not the aspect of one driven forth by grave business cares, nor in the natural course of things would one expect so young a lady to know much of life's burdens and responsibilities. As she passes I am sure the reader would not turn away from so pleasant a vision, even if Broadway were presenting all its numberless attractions, but at such a time would make the most of the occasion, assured that nothing so agreeable would greet his eyes again that sombre day. Books Books ~~ Fiction~~ General What-Can-She-Do~~Edward-Payson-Roe TREDITION CLASSICS
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Frais d'envoiLivraison non-comprise
Frais d'envoiVersandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD, Livraison non-comprise
What Can She Do?
Informations détaillées sur le livre - What Can She Do?
EAN (ISBN-13): 9783842460980
ISBN (ISBN-10): 3842460988
Livre dans la base de données depuis 28.10.2009 03:45:52
Livre trouvé récemment le 10.10.2014 12:05:06
ISBN - Autres types d'écriture:
< pour archiver...
- "The Lay of the Cid", de "Cid" (9783842460973)
- "Far Away and Long Ago", de "Hudson, W. H. (William Henry)" (9783842460997)
- "Our Pilots in the Air", de "Brown, William Perry" (9783842460966)
- "The Scouts of Stonewall The Story of the Great Valley Campaign", de "Altsheler, Joseph A. (Joseph Alexander)" (9783842461000)
- "Biographia Literaria", de "Coleridge, Samuel Taylor" (9783842460959)
- "Amelia - Volume 1", de "Fielding, Henry" (9783842461017)