By the late 1970s, internationally known performance groups such as Els Joglars, La Fura dels Baus or La Cubana had precipitated a decline in text-based Catalan theatre, reversed in the mid 1980s with the appearance of a younger generation of playwrights led by Sergi Belbel. Influenced by contemporary European rather than Spanish or Catalan drama, his work was very different from the realist idiom favoured by playwrights of the Franco generation. But playwriting is only one aspect of Belbel's work as a theatre practitioner. He also has a highly successful career as a director of Spanish, Catalan and foreign plays (a number of which he himself has translated), and, since 2006, he has held the position of Artistic Director of the National Theatre of Catalonia. This study examines these three key aspects of his career, as well as Ventura Pons's film adaptations of his plays. Finally, it considers the reception of his plays in several countries, analysing his evolving relationship with critics at home and abroad. DAVID GEORGE is Professor of Hispanic Studies at Swansea University. Sergi Belbel and Catalan Theatre: Text, Performance and Identity George, David A major contemporary playwright and director.
Frais d'envoiLivraison non-comprise
2010, ISBN: 1855662205, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Frais d'envoiVersandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In spanischer Sprache. Verlag: TAMESIS, 230 Seiten, [GR: 15760 - HC/Literaturwissenschaft/Romanische], [SW: - Literature - Classics / Criticism], Gebunden, Klappentext: A major contemporary playwright and director. A major contemporary playwright and director.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Frais d'envoiVersandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A major contemporary playwright and director. Books Books ~~ Literary Criticism~~ European ~~ Spanish & Portuguese Sergi-Belbel-and-Catalan-Theatre~~David-George Boydell & Brewer, Limited A major contemporary playwright and director.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Frais d'envoiLivraison non-comprise
Sergi Belbel and Catalan Theatre: Text, Performance and Identity
Informations détaillées sur le livre - Sergi Belbel and Catalan Theatre: Text, Performance and Identity
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781855662209
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1855662205
Date de parution: 2010
Livre dans la base de données depuis 25.10.2011 09:52:24
Livre trouvé récemment le 13.03.2015 15:23:10
ISBN - Autres types d'écriture:
< pour archiver...
- "Actividad Teatral en la Region de Toledo, 1612-1630: Estudio y Documentos", de "Davis, Charles" (9781855662193)
- "Federico Garcia Lorca: The Poetics of Self-Consciousness Federico Garcia Lorca: The Poetics of Self-Consciousness", de "Bonaddio, Federico" (9781855662216)
- "Medicos Escritores En Espana, 1885-1955: Santiago Ramon y Cajal, Pio Baroja, Gregorio Maranon y Antonio Vallejo Nagera", de "Sosa-Velasco, Alfredo J." (9781855662186)
- "Women in the Prose of Maria de Zayas", de "O'Brien, Eavan" (9781855662223)
- "A Companion to Modern Spanish American Fiction", de "Shaw, Donald L." (9781855662179)
- "Spanish Art in Britain and Ireland, 1750-1920: Studies in Reception in Memory of Enriqueta Harris Frankfort", de "Herausgeber: Glendinning, Nigel Macartney, Hilary McCartney, Hilary" (9781855662230)