While geneticists have long been interested in genealogy and genealogists in genetics, only recently have the two fields become linked in a way that promises dramatic advances in our understanding of the relationship between genetic disorders and ancestry. This book, by Los Angeles Times Syndicate columnist Myra Gormley, was a pioneering effort to explore that relationship, to alert people to things they and their family ought to know about both their family tree and genetic research, and to examine the scientific breakthroughs that have made possible the control and treatment of some inherited diseases.Written in a popular style, in language few of us will find difficult to understand, this ground-breaking work examines the genetics revolution and its implications for your health; it discusses genetic diseases and whether you and your family may be at risk; and it explores your mental and behavioral roots--your genetic susceptibility to manic depression, for example, or to alcoholism--all in the framework of ancestry and family health history. Family Diseases: Are You at Risk? Gormley, Myra Vanderpool / Gormley
Frais d'envoiLivraison non-comprise
Written in a popular style, in language few of us will find difficult to understand, this ground-breaking work examines the genetics revolution and its implications for your health; it discusses genetic diseases and whether you and your family may be at risk; and it explores your mental and behavioral roots--your genetic susceptibility to manic depression, for example, or to alcoholism--all in the framework of ancestry and family health history. And if the question of ancestry should prove vexing, the books shows you how comparatively simple it is to trace your family history, establish your medical pedigree, and construct your own family health tree. Books Books ~~ Medicine~~ Diseases Family-Diseases~~Gormley Genealogical Publishing Company, Incorporated
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Frais d'envoiLivraison non-comprise
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Frais d'envoiVersandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: BENTLEY ENTERPRISES, 184 Seiten, L=216mm, B=140mm, H=10mm, Gew.=240gr, [GR: 16930 - HC/Allgemeinmedizin/Diagnostik/Therapie], [SW: - Medical / Nursing], Gebunden
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Frais d'envoiVersandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Family Diseases: Are You at Risk?
Informations détaillées sur le livre - Family Diseases: Are You at Risk?
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780806312545
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0806312548
Date de parution: 2009
Editeur: BENTLEY ENTERPRISES
Poids: 0,240 kg
Livre dans la base de données depuis 06.12.2008 06:16:56
Livre trouvé récemment le 13.03.2015 14:35:39
ISBN - Autres types d'écriture:
< pour archiver...
- "britain" (080631253X)
- "A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland: Comprising the Several Counties, Islands, Cities, Burgh and Market Towns, Parishes, and Principal Villages with Historical and Statistical Descriptions", de "Samuel Lewis" (0806312556)
- "A-z Guide to Tracing Ancestors in Britain", de "F.C. Markwell; Pauline A. Saul" (9780806312521)
- "A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland 2 vols.", de "Samuel Lewis" (0806312564)
- "Character Certificates in the General Land Office of Texas", de "White, Gifford E.; White, Jerry" (9780806312514)
- "A topographical dictionary of Scotland: Comprising the several counties, islands, cities, burgh and market towns, parishes, and principal villages with historical and statistical descriptions", de "Samuel Lewis" (0806312572)